Full Stack Developer
Are you a Full Stack Engineer (Developer) interested in joining the best team in the educational technology industry? Join us and become part of our innovative team dedicated to improve the way we teach & train professionals across multiple industries. We are constantly on the lookout for the best professionals in their fields to join our talented team. We offer opportunities to collaborate and implement new ideas in a cheerful and inspiring work environment.
We are looking for a mid to senior level web & application developer, who is proficient in writing PHP & C# to help us build our virtual training and data analytics applications. We are seeking developers with a wide spectrum of skills and understanding who know about infrastructure & backend programming as well as VR and web app development. A passion for game development & interactive media is a plus. You should have ample experience with frontend development as your primary tasks will be the development of web-based applications. We value communication skills and a strong aptitude for problem-solving highly. We need a proactive collaborator who can take responsibility for their projects. You should be able to identify and explain solutions and be willing to ask for assistance from the team when needed.
You should be able to:
- Take responsibility for assignments and team & customer success;
- Manage time and resources to maximize personal productivity;
- Follow instructions and extrapolate for lack of definition based on best practices;
- Stay on top of best practices & bring suggestions of tech and coding style to our development team;
- Document work and contribute to shared knowledge;
- Work with our more junior developers to debug and plan more complicated requests;
- Improve production efficiency;
- Work in an agile work environment;
- Swap projects;
- Create and work with REST API’s, distributed code packages, and deployment tools.
Our requirements are open-ended, and we are interested in a best fit over a specific skill set. We will attempt to customize the role and responsibilities to your skills, therefore frontend, backend, and game developers are welcome to apply.
It is not necessary to be an expert in every area. We expect you to bring your skills to a higher level by working on useful projects which will expand and make use of your problem-solving skills. Our team regularly uses the following technologies, in which you have already familiarized yourself in:
- PHP (Laravel, Composer, PHPUnit)
- HTML5/CSS3 (Webpack, Tailwind, SCSS/LESS)
- C# (Unity, .Net)
- CG/HLSL (is a plus)
About Serious VR
Serious VR is a scale-up software and data company that focuses on Virtual Reality training and Virtual Reality Assessments. This is done by having professionals train remotely using a Virtual Reality headset, which enables them to be trained faster and more efficiently than how it is usually done. In these VR Trainings, we measure the performance of professionals so we can display their performance in dashboards and give them valuable insights into their "performance profile".
Serious VR is a young, international and dynamic team that is rapidly growing and wants to conquer the training market with this solution. We work from Enschede, for customers in Europe and with partners in the Netherlands.
- A wonderful and dynamic environment within a fast growing, young company;
- A great internationally oriented and multidisciplinary team;
- A good salary and a full-time contract;
- Growth and development opportunities within the company;
You can apply by sending your motivation and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org for the attention of Marjo Nieuwenhuijse.